Thursday, October 31, 2013

28 weeks

28 week update:

I have entered 3rd Trimester! It's weird to think I am actually here.. the last trimester,  the "home stretch" as they call it.  I am thanking God all the way with not having a lot of complicated problems during this pregnancy.  I have had one flare from my Crohns disease {back in July}, but its finally settled down and I am feeling fine. I am still on a conservative diet, watching what I can and can not have. I do not have Gestational Diabetes {whoo!},  which I am thankful for! I am already on a conservative diet and really don't need more extra weight on my "plate". 

I am kind of glad I am marked 'high risk', my ob dr is great, along with the other Dr./Nurse staff. They are all really helpful and friendly. We have seen more than just 2 ultrasounds of baby and I don't know if that is normal compared to a patient who is not high risk. But, I have really enjoyed being able to see her and just know that she's doing well in there. 





 Up close
Having some fun on the couch with the bump


How far along: 28 weeks and 6 days

Baby is the size of a: Eggplant! 14.8 inches from head to heels.

More about Baby at 28 weeks:

Your baby can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes! With increasingly developed eyesight, your baby may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. Your baby is also developing billions of neurons in his or her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. Her lungs are mature enough that she could probably breathe on her own if born pre-maturely.

Best moment of the week: I was able to spend a little more time with Dean the past few days, and we had a great breakfast this morning.  He made me german pancakes while I got to sleep a little longer! It was so nice! We also went for our maternity tour at the hospital where we are going to deliver, which was fun. The rooms for PP (post partum) were pretty small!

Sleep: Sleep is usually always pretty good. Lately, I do have to say that I have been feeling the ache in 3rd Trimester. My lower back is usually the problem. I get a decent amount of sleep, its just that there are those times. When I feel baby girl move on my left side as I am laying on that side, I always feel as though I may be squashing her, but I AM suppose to be sleeping on that side so its okay... sometimes I use a pillow for my tummy.

Movement: I love when she moves and there hasn't been, but 1 time that she has kicked and it hurt. 

Food Cravings: I have been wanting candy corn this past month, but I wouldn't call it a craving.  I have really just wanted to keep with a healthy diet and making sure I am eating things I need to be eating.  Every now and then something will sound good. Christmas is coming you know... there are always sweets in that month! But I have no crazy cravings. 

Stretch Marks: no.

Belly button in/out: In, its a very small button. 

Wedding Rings:  on

Pains/Aches: Headaches, leg cramps, back aches, minor aches here and there, cramping, indigestion. I felt a little dizzy this past sunday when I went to church. I have also been feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions, not very often, but I do sometimes. 

Annoying: It's starting to get annoying peeing at least once in the middle of the night. I'm always getting hot, especially at work. It's not really annoying, but I have been sometimes not wanting to do anything.  Its can be hard at times because I want to get things done, but I have no energy for them.

Happy/Emotional: Probably something between happy and emotional. I am beginning to think more of the day when Labor starts and how the delivery will go.  I am excited for the time I will get to spend with her and be her 'mommy', but more of just how life will be different; not in a bad way...just busy. Wondering what our routine will be like.  You know, losing the carefree, independent life I/we once had.. and becoming someone who depends on my/our everything... :) I know God is still here, He is working and He will be there for us during the time as we are figuring out how to be parents and caring for this little one. It will be an exciting time and adventure. I think just looking straight at it not knowing exactly what to expect and never going at it before, is a little intimating... for us first timers. 

Looking Forward to: A little vacation with my husband coming up; away from life and work.

Projects: There are things I would like to be working on but either haven't or don't have the energy/mood to do them.

Prayer Requests: Keep praying for baby girl's growth and her little baby body.  Pray God's protection over her as she is in the womb.  Pray the medications that I am taking are not hurting or effecting her.


<3 Lovejoy Inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment