Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Twenty-Four
How far along: 24 weeks and 3 days
Size of baby: Cantaloupe
About baby at this week:
Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at about 1 1/3 pounds. Since she is almost a foot long, she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. -- BabyCenter
Clothing: I have a few shirts that I wear repeatedly a long with a few pre-pregnancy shirts that still can fit me. I try to switch things up, so it doesn't look like I am wearing the same thing everyday. I still need to find me a good pair of good maternity jeans, because the belly band that I got just isn't cutting it with my blue jeans.
Best moment of the week: ...
Sleep: It's been okay. I am peeing a lot, at least every morning about 4-5am time slot. I have been getting sleep though.
Movement: Little miss is moving everyday. Sometimes I feel more powerful movements or pokes, but lately she's just been swimming around or bumping into the walls of her quarters...ha
Food Cravings: Coffee, mint chocolate, fried foods, doughnuts (dean brought some of those home this morning.) chocolate chip cookies- things I really shouldn't have or that would hurt my disease which might make things worse... so I guess i'm in a pickle for those things such as chocolate. There are some things I just have to sacrifice for little girl.
Stretch Marks: no
Showing: Yes. Some days I think I really feel my belly stretching.
Belly button in/out: in
Aches/Pains: I had a back pain yesterday. I was tying my shoe on a chair and as I stood up, I had a weird sharp back pain.
Happy/Emotional: yeah I have had a few emotional days.. this week hasn't been the best.
Miss Anything: Coffee with cream/sugar, even though I don't drink much coffee. Especially on these rainy days. I miss spending more time with my husband.
Looking Forward to: A growth Ultrasound in 3 weeks!
Not looking forward to: A Glucose Test (GTT) next monday.
Prayer Requests: Keep praying for baby girl and all her body parts as she is growing. Pray that the medications I am taking are not affecting her growth or anything.
I'm doing pretty good overall. I get decent sleep, I am eating healthy or doing the best at that, as I can. I have started exercises with fit sugar that I find on youtube for pregnancy in 2nd Trimester. Not on a regular basis yet, but I found something that I enjoy and it works for me.
We have birth classes that start tomorrow in which I am really looking forward to, even if its 3 hrs long.
I am getting over a little cold cough I've had since Thursday..which is good; hate being sick during this time of year.
I thought that this song was fitting. God's hands are shaping the little babe inside the womb whether it's mine or your's or a friends.. This is God's Masterpiece and Design. He has created a wonderful little being inside {of me}, a human being! It's sometimes hard to imagine, but I don't think God asked us to imagine such things.... just to enjoy them through the joys and pain.
<3 Lovejoy Inspirations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment