Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Honey & Nutmeg

Day 6

I ended up not feeling well during/after our small group this evening which meant I really wasn't up for digging too far into Pinterest. But, I remembered an easy to do recipe for acne scars that I found on my Pinterest board ..  Beauty & Health.

1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon honey
Time: 30minutes

It makes a little, but goes a long way.

Some good reads I found on honey and nutmeg and why they are good choices for your face.

Honey is naturally soothing, great for those who suffer from skin blemishes and acne. Honey also has powerful, natural anti-bacterial properties, making it the perfect all-natural cleanser to moisturize and purify your complexion. (Source)


When it comes to DIY beauty, treatments that really work are rare delights. A honey-and-nutmeg mask is one of these: soothing, fragrant and quite effective against acne scars. Honey and nutmeg each has curative properties that help to prevent infection and reduce swelling, and may actually help new skin growth. This can mean smoother, less obvious acne marks at a fraction of the price you'd pay for a commercial remedy. (source)

I imagine you would do this a couple of times during the week. I saved my extra leftovers for later this week.

<3 Lovejoy Inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment