My daughter Natalie just turned 23 months old this past Tuesday. In a way I am counting down the days until her 2nd birthday which will be here before I know it. Mostly because I am planning it and I want to see how it all turns out but, I just can't believe that she will be 2 in just 4 weeks! I have been looking back at old videos and pictures of when she was a newborn and in her infant months. It's always sad for a mom to see her baby grow up, but at the same time excited for N and all that she is going to learn and understand in this next year. New and different adventures that she might not have been able to do as a one year old.
Lately:
Natalie has been using the word knee(s) and she wants to sit on her knees when she sits on chairs. So sometimes she'll say 'mommy knees', or 'nana knees', like she wants you to sit on your knees next to her. pocket, is another word she has been using lately. She uses a few 2-3 word sentences, such as "mommy get it", "mommy found it", "Natalie (except she calls herself Naee) get it", or got it, "Natalie did it" "yay" and claps. I love her sweet voice. She loves to dance, she starting to sing when playing piano. My husband Dean and I will look at her and she will become shy, shrink in her seat a little and give us a cheesy smile yet will continue to play.
Still has her pacifier, we are working on potty training sort of. We introduced the potty to her and did a three day trial. I saw that she was excited about it and went several times but, there are just a few things that she could work on before we really try again. But at least we have big girl panties, training panties and a fun chart for when the day comes. I am hoping soon.
I hope to post more as time allows, right now I feel like I have a ton of projects I am working on that I want to get done especially with the holiday seasons approaching.
I had my first holiday (peppermint mocha) drink-- for those who know I don't drink much coffee it was nice (however Starbucks made a horrible! drink, but I made it work I was going to enjoy it.. so I of course added some sugar. Raw coffee with no peppermint tastes awful!)
...and yes I did start listening to Christmas music, but just a little, mostly Point of Grace/Michael W. Smith Holiday music - they are the best.
Enjoy all your Thanksgiving festivities!
<3 Lovejoy Inspirations
No comments:
Post a Comment