Monday, June 2, 2014

New recipes and hummus

I just bought a food processor. I am so excited about using it!  My main reason for buying it was so I could make baby food for Natalie and Hummus. I have been wanting to make Hummus for quite some time now.This weekend I did just that! For my first try it was a bit more on the thin (watery) side, but I find that if you stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours it thickens right up and wasn't too bad. I was pretty proud for my first try, even my husband said it tasted good!

The recipe I found and used was by: Pinch of Yum. I wanted to find a recipe without having to use Tahni oil, because it is rather expensive.  Now, I know there are many variations of Hummus recipe's that other people have made but this one was simple and worked for me. As I make more of it and try what works for me and my family the recipe could change, but it was a good one to start with.

2 cans of chickpeas {I used 1 can of garbanzo beans}
1 clove garlic
2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
up to 1/2 cup water
{I used only 1/4 cup and maybe a tbsp, I would have been fine without the extra tbsp}
1/2 tsp salt



I have been going through my Pinterest boards and deleting things that I am most likely not going to eat/do/or make and then of course keeping the good ones. For dinner a couple nights ago, I tried the garlic-brown sugar chicken recipe, it wasn't too bad.  Another good and fast recipe to keep on hand.


Natalie is 5 1/2 months and exploring so much.

tummy time


 teething toy
I got a haircut this weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment