Thursday, April 10, 2014

{Alissa's} Ritzy Chicken



Thanks to Robin Jones Gunn and her wonderful Glenbrooke Series I now have a new chicken recipe that will forever be apart of my dinner meals. For those who have ever read her books and know what I am talking about. The recipe that I tried {..and liked!} was in the last book, Wildflowers

As Robin tells it: "Genevieve is a woman that has been married for over half her life, but with her pilot husband gone so often and three girls to raise, she has grown accustomed to making all the important decisions by herself. 
 When Glenbrooke's Wildflowers Cafe goes up for sale, Genevieve knows she can make it into something special -a place where her dreams can be revived and an outlet for her creativity. A place to make her forget that her heart feels empty. 
  However, making a success of her new venture is far from easy. As she attempts to renovate on a tiny budget, Genevieve turns to her new friend Leah for an extra set of hands-- and learns she is also a willing listener. Soon Genevieve finds herself opening up to an unexpected friendship.  
  With the help of Leah and others, Genevieve begins to emerge from her dark season of solitude and notice positive changes in herself…"

One of the friends that Genevieve meets on her journey in this book, is Alissa. She is the one the recipe is named after. I wanted to share the recipe with you since I made it the other night and really enjoyed it! Also, if you ever get the chance to read this book or any other Robin Jones Gunn books, I encourage you to. She is such a great author and one I enjoy! Her books will inspire you one way or another.

Alissa's Ritzy Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of chicken
1 strip of Ritz crackers, crushed
1 cube of butter, melted
1/2 of sour cream added to the top, optional {I used sour cream}

Place chicken in casserole baking pan. Cover with soup. 
Top with crushed crackers, and pour melted butter over the top.
Add sour cream, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 

It is actually a simple recipe and tastes so yummy at the end!



<3 Lovejoy Inspirations



No comments:

Post a Comment