Monday, October 1, 2012

Proud

I feel as tonight has been a productive one... actually probably more like the last two hours. Tonight I became pretty bored.. facebook, then google looking various things up, then gmail, and then probably repeat.. oh and snacked on a few chocolate chip cookies I recently made for our small group on monday evening.

 I finally decided to tackle my husbands jeans, in which I've been meaning to finish this weekend and I'm quite proud of how it looked afterwards.

This past summer my husband was working late one night and found a green carnigan like sweater XL. Thinking of me he brought it home. What a sweet husband right? I like him. So I've kept  it in the closet for all this time, I finally took it out and decided that tonight was going to be the night that I play with this sweater.  Whether it turned out bad or not it would be okay, because honestly the XL sweater as it was, was ugly to me. I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!

I basically just took in the sleeve armpit and sides so that it would actually fit my body {I'm a size small/medium}

I took a few pictures to try to show you....


This is the only picture I took to show
 you how baggy the arm/side really was!
 Here is one side all done! 
Doesn't it look sooo much better?
 I think it does!
 This is the underside...look at the unplanned 
pleats I created!! 
Don't judge... this is at 10:30 at night..my head 
should actually be cropped out..but it's 
past midnight..and i don't feel like cropping...
 UP ABOVE is the pose with arms down 
...and BELOW is pictured with my arms
outward so that you can see my re-fashioned arms
  I look kind of upset in this picture..I'm totally not!
It would probably look good with a tiny belt.. 
I'm not much of a belt person though..
 Armpit pose
 Oh yeah.. 
Sweats are what make sunday evenings comfortable!

What do you think?? And what is your opinion on the front inward-sides {where it lays across my chest}...I took it in so that it wasn't really thick..It's the only unflattering part of the sweater cardigan.

I am quite proud of my sewing re-fashioned project. I want to give my thanks all to inspiration from...Merricks Art and see kate sew. Recently these blogs have been inspiration to me. Love what they sew and create! Thanks girls!


<3 Lovejoy Inspirations





1 comment:

  1. Tracy,

    It looks great! I love the color and it looks like it fits comfortably now. Way to go!!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete