Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Autumn wedding

A little late.. but have been wanting to post my latest sewing project and some cupcakes I made for a friends wedding.

I have been wanting to make a shirt and skirt but, I had enough fabric already at home for a skirt so I decided wait on the shirt until I found just the right fabric I wanted.

I used the circle pattern from MADE for the adult size and also from A Secret Street.

 I eventually sewed the edges- I was just trying it on to see if it fit.
 I thought it fit perfectly, right to my knees. 
 A little dance- I was trying to show off the twirl by myself... 
sorry for the camera cord

 Not very good lighting, but this is showing the {elastic}sewed waistband
A little pocket made from a white t-shirt

Measures 22 inches long. 

We had a wedding on October 6th and I wanted something cute to wear, so I made this! The wedding we were attending wanted all guests who wanted to participate bring up to 2 dozen cupcakes and the best ones would win a prize. My husband and I both wanted to make cupcakes! I thought of snickerdoodle, because its simple and yet delicous. We used the Pinterest owl idea and created our own little owl cupcakes. 

Check out ours: Dean gets the credit for his feathers and eyebrows. We only made 8 because we don't actually own a tupperware container that can carry more than 8 ..haha!







Aaaand here we are... at the wedding. This is my handsome husband Dean showing off his suspenders and me with my skirt!



PS... we didn't win the cupcake champion prize..but all of the cupcakes we brought were gone. That makes me happy!


<3 Lovejoy Inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment