Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fun chapstick and jean aprons

Whew! What a week! Last week I had to go in and get a root canal! It was the worst week I have had for a loong time! I had so much pain and headache I didn't know what to do with myself! My husband is amazing. He loves me and sometimes I feel as if I don't deserve him.  He took care of me and made sure I had what I needed for the time being. Today I had to return to the endodontics and finish what they started on last wednesday. I wasn't thrilled, but surprisingly it wasn't even half the pain I had last time. There was no pain or soreness in my tooth.  So for that I praise my Jesus for, thank you Father!  But, the fun part was they had these freebie mini chapsticks.. yeah I took my share of those.

So, I have been wanting to make a child's apron out of jeans for a little while now. I finally got my courage up and decided to make one. And I did it in one evening! I'm telling you, the inspiration has to be there for me to get my game on. My husband Dean, had some old jeans that he didn't want, so he gave them to me. Now I can't tell you in a tutorial of how I  made this cute apron, because when I see something that someone else has made whether in the store, blog, or one of my friend's kid's clothing the idea will stick in my head and then later I'll remember it and stick it in with what I am making. On some things I do have a pattern that I've made up or I'll create up as I go. This is a "create up as I go project".

Here is a picture of my apron for a 21/2 -3 year old (I think).

I used ribbon for the neck strap.

close up of the "bib" part
two triangle pockets at a slant.
close up..

Final 

Now, I know this isn't perfect, it was more of a try to see what it would turn out like, and I only had a few fabric choices to pick from. This is more of a casual play apron. The two things I really like about this apron is: the lace-y touch for the pockets, and the added "swoops" I put on the front bib. 

Just being creative and putting my creative side to work. :) Hope you enjoyed!


 <3 lovejoy inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment