Making bread from scratch is something else. Especially cinnamon bread. Absolutely worth it! The smell, the taste ...the look! Ah.. it's great. I definitely recommend it. I discovered the Pioneer Woman a few years ago, but recently started looking at her blog and the food she cooks. I recently bought instant dry yeast thinking thats what the recipe called for, its actually Active dry yeast..well despite the mistake, I tried anyways. I've never used either active or instant dry yeast and I don't really understand the difference between them. I know that one is used for a bread machine but can also be used traditionally like homemade and I think thats the one I got (Instant). My bread tasted great even if I didn't have Active Dry Yeast. It may have not turned out like the Pioneer Woman's my first time but, I was pretty proud of myself for actually making bread! I know my mistakes from the first time, but a few more try's and I think I'll be good! The yeast has a distinctive smell and its rather "pee-u" as I would say, but it works! I think that's the coolest part - the stinky yeast makes the bread. My favorite part was kneading it with the hooks! The hooks are a tool that is apart of your beaters. It was fun. Here is a picture of my finished cinnamon bread.
Mine is a little big and overflowing because one of the steps before you put your dough in a large bowl you are to drizzle a little bit of oil... keyword on little bit. Like maybe two tabs. I put a little too much of "little"oil in my bowl and so on my last step when your suppose to roll up your dough tight together, it was very hard to do so because it was so oily. :/ Note to self.
I am definitely making this again. I recommend going to her blog and at least attempting her recipe for homemade cinnamon bread. It tastes like a cinnamon roll with out the icing.
My family loved it.
<3 lovejoy inspirations
No comments:
Post a Comment