Wednesday, January 8, 2014

She's Here!

I would be 38 weeks pregnant right now if our little girl hadn't made her debut on December 17, 2013!!

Natalie Mae Ober was a month early. She weighed 6 lbs 6 oz and was 18 inches long at birth.

She is now 3 weeks old and a day today and has grown a lot since coming home from the hospital. I know they grow fast and I've been soaking it all in! Last week at her two week appointment she weighed in at 7 lbs and 20.25 inches long! It's the little things that add up at the end of her little growth spurts like her head is slowly getting bigger, her fingers aren't as little, her face has a little more roundness to it…and she's a bit more heavier to hold, so it seems.

I look at her every day since she was born and think "I gave birth to her!" and what a wonderful experience it was too; even if it was exhausting, and painful. I had such great care from the nurses and Dr.'s over at Legacy Emanuel that the whole labor and delivery experience made it that much better.

 I can't even begin to express how amazing my husband Dean has been throughout the Labor/delivery and post-partum. Supporting, and helping out with everything and going with the flow with so many things. However, thats who Dean is: easy going. Its been really nice having him home too while he's on his paternity leave :) He is a great Dad to Natalie too! I couldn't ask for a better man to be married to and share this adventure with.

Thank you to all who prayed for our little miracle, and myself during this pregnancy. As I have looked back several times I can see God was watching over us and protecting our girl. She is absolutely perfect to us. There was a time back in July where I was in horrible pain due to my Crohn's disease and was crying thinking how I might not make it all the way through or that something would happen to my baby.  I remember my mom telling me just wait until your baby is in your arms and now that she is, I feel like I can say, I did it! Even though I had Crohn's disease I still could have a beautiful, healthy baby. And that is why I thank God for her everyday.


35 weeks and my water broke!

Our little gift from above. 
1 week and a day {Christmas Day}
 I like this picture, even if my mom is looking away. 
little hands 
 Family photo
 Natalie's first kiss :]



<3 Lovejoy Inspirations

It might be a little while until I get back into making cards again on my Etsy. Ha! Having a little newborn takes time to figure out a routine again, especially since I decided to be a stay at home mom!  It has taken me 2 weeks to even try to get up, early that is. It's hard because all I want to do is sleep around the clock every 3 hrs when she sleeps.. But slowly I am making a routine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment