Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to Dry Heat Paper Safely

Cheers to a new year! 2012..wow. We're actually in the 20 teens..lol. I hope everyone's Holidays were good and we're all back into normal routine once again. Dean and I used our creative thinking for christmas presents this year. Buying nothing and using what we had.  We gave my brother a Dr. Pepper cookbook. I drew a pretty good Dr. Pepper can and all the details on front and he went over the pencil lines with color and shaded it in. Together I think we did a superb job! Check it out:









Compare at: Real Dr. Pepper Can  I know the letters aren't matching except I think I did pretty good on the D and P but, the rest isn't exact. I think the colors match decently though. Dean did pretty good on that part.


Now.. As it dried over night it of course shriveled up because so much ink was used. I decided to Dry Iron the paper and by doing so I used a small wash cloth and set it on the ironing board, then the dr. pepper paper can on top. If you take two paper towels and set it on top of the paper can then your ready to DRY Iron. I am pretty sure if you used just one paper towel it would be fine but, I wanted to make sure it didn't bleed through. I set my iron on the DRY setting on number 1. This way the moisture doesn't seep through maybe causing the ink to bleed everywhere or even ruining our project.  I only ironed a few times and it worked. I was pretty impressed. Didn't know you could iron paper!





<3 Lovejoy Inspirations

No comments:

Post a Comment