Monday, August 8, 2011

Grain and Lavender

My husband and I had the privilege to be a part of something wonderful this weekend. We traveled a couple of hours away from the city to be with friends who got married on August 6th! Weddings are always sweet and enjoyable.  It always brings back memories from when we tied the knot. In Ephesians 5:25, the scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." This wedding we attended was beautiful in the way that the bride and groom were both in worship as they laid their lives before God, honoring Him the way He designed marriage to be. I loved how both of them were so sincere and genuine in giving one another their hearts. As the bride came down the isle Come Thou Fount was sung with the words I love, "..Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above.."

Every wedding is unique and special in its own way. After the vows were said we all sang Brenton Brown's I Surrender, and then a little later another worship song, How He Loves Us in the style of Sufjan Stevens. We normally don't experience worship songs sung together at weddings, or at least I have never been apart of one that did.   It was absolutely the sweetest wedding I have been to (besides our wedding). :]

It wasn't just the wedding that made this weekend beautiful but our friendships with the bride and groom and other friends.  After the rehearsal dinner on friday, we shared a time in worship around the bonfire with the wedding party.  I loved the feeling of being able to worship God and love on Him because He is so good.  To join this wonderful experience filled my heart.  Oh to be surrounded by friends!



<3 lovejoy inspirations

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time. I know you needed it. :o)

    ReplyDelete