A few weeks ago I finally accomplished the 'how to' of sewing ruffles!! I'm quite proud of myself. It is not that ruffles are hard but, at first I was not 100% sure I knew exactly what I was doing. This made my ruffle fear intimidating to me. One day I finally went to the computer and found
this video tutorial of how to do ruffles. This is when I realized the way I thought about doing ruffles is actually one of the ways!! Imagine that! I knew I could do this. I know of at least two ways you can do ruffles, there are probably more. The way I did mine was gathering by hand, overlapping the fabric and then sewing. It took a little time to finish the ruffle part of the project but, it looked soo good afterwards! It made me happy.
Look how it curls. I love it!
So, with the ruffles being said,
Pinterest has been quite the enjoyment lately. I found this cute
apron and decided to make it for a friend. Here it is now all finished.
sideview
I just love my ruffles.
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength (Phil. 4:13) and because I can do that, I know I can do most everything I put my mind to.
And that is the story of how I started sewing ruffles.
<3 Lovejoy Inspirations
I did my first ruffling this summer, too! I did what you did and made the ruffles first and then sewed them on to the base pieces. My mom showed me a really fast and easy way to do the ruffling that wasn't on the video :) We still should have our sewing date sometime and we can exchange methods!
ReplyDeleteReally? That's cool, I always thought you were so advanced ahead of me. That's cool that you did your first ruffles too! I'd love to get together, that would be fun!
ReplyDelete